Thursday, April 20, 2006

The Accidental Shopper


Saturday we had to pick up a car at the Car Doctor's House after it had a week at the SPA--all the preventive maintenance is done for the next....hopefully long time. Every belt, every fluid, every plug is now replaced, re-timed, re-balanced. Good to have that done.

Well, the Car Doctor lives in Powhatan, and my favorite LYS is in Powhatan....I was more than halfway there so I had to make a visit. Holly Spring Homespun was LOVELY as usual. I got to talk with Kathy and Ginni and GirlPants just played and played with the dollies there and let me be an adult. How many years have I waited for this?!

Kathy had a podcast for the shop, and turns out she is the only one in the world! She has been interviewed by some journalists about it since it is so cutting edge. She talked to me about how she did the whole thing on her Mac (music and sound effects too!) I have really been enjoying the podcasts, and use them like yarn tv (she has pictures too) while I knit. Check them out!

Stash enhancement above: hand-dyed sock yarn for socks (I do stash sock yarn, since I am always making them, and I love pink and purple and black together, this one is called Poodle Skirt), some Svale for a secret project, a shawl pin for a sweater that I am trying to finish (I-cord edging in progress), AND a pattern for a Bamboo shawl. I wear my Clap all the time but it gets too hot after March. This shawl is simple and will be very cool for summer, so I can have it finished by the end of May. Maybe later I will try some lace, but for now I need PRODUCT! Who knows, I may snag some Koigu at MDS&W and make a Charlotte too. I've been threatening this for awhile though...

3 Comments:

At 11:10 PM, Blogger emmy said...

Hey Suzanne! Guess What?! I went to HSH on Saturday too!! I was on my way to visit my parents in Buckingham and that just seemed the best way to get there....well to me it did!!Hopefully I can get a pic of my "accidental" shopping to share with you this weekend. Sorry that our paths didn't cross there ...again.

 
At 12:07 AM, Blogger Mary said...

That Bamboo yarn is beautiful! I'm dying to try knitting with bamboo sometime. I may need to take a road trip to Powhatan!

 
At 9:29 PM, Blogger Debi said...

Nice new haul! Can't wait to see the beautiful shawl that Bamboo makes! I actually have some red bamboo in stash for a solid Charlotte's Web!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home