Wednesday, October 04, 2006

THE FAIR!

We had a great time at the fair. The kids remember the rides from last year (the slides! the dragon roller coaster!) and they wanted to ride them again......over and over and over and over.....

I won 3rd for my pink Koigu shawl(mine is the solid on the right)--


And I was happy to get it; the shawls and lace that I saw were stunning. Mine was no competition for them! This one got first. I wish they would display them another way-these are all in cases and folded. You cannot see the lace at all.

The sweaters were really great! First place was won by this Sunrise Circle Jacket from IK Spring '06--its a Kate Gilbert design (CLAPOTIS!) and is free online.


This gorgeous piece was knitted by one of the Tuesday Night Knitters named Amy! Jane and Mary both belong to this group. Love it! Must make this pattern!

I would love to know what criteria the judges use so I can be more competitive next year. Are finishing techniques really important? Beauty? Entire package?

I am not a quilter, but so much quilting work is inspiring. I absolutely love this one--its funny, original and unbelievably cute! This quilter won a few blue ribbons this year.

Each of these little people in their costumes are appliqued on--most of them are 3-dimensional, with wings and other parts rising from the surface of the quilt. The border fabric is black bats!Really really fun.

I am playing hooky from class tonight and going to KnitNite. Hopefully I will finish the sleeves on this item

...the Mr. Funny sweater. I'll be rowing off Sleeve Island!

4 Comments:

At 8:33 PM, Blogger emmy said...

I went to the fair today.I looked for your shawl but couldn't find it. Congratulations!! I wish they had displayed things a bit differently as well. They were hard to see.

That is a nice looking "item" you are working on.

 
At 9:23 PM, Blogger Debi said...

Congrats!! How cool is that? :)

I love Mr. Funny's sweater, what great colors!

 
At 6:30 PM, Blogger Beth said...

Congrats again on your shawl at the Fair - awesome!

It was good to see you again last night. I hope you're much closer to getting off of sleeve island.

 
At 12:17 AM, Blogger Mary said...

So exciting about your shawl! And how cool is it that Amy won a ribbon, too?!

That last item you're knitting -- can I just say that blue and brown are my new favorite color combination? Love, love, love blue and brown together. Whodda thunk it? But, those are the Yarn Lounge colors - they're not stupid!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home